Educational and Professional Experience
15 Union St, Suite #3
Milford, NH 03055
- 8 years experience in adult education tailoring to diverse learning styles and capabilities
- 20 years experience in Health and Wellness field
- Ability to convey passion and enthusiasm for difficult subjects in health and wellness
- Ability to plan and implement teaching curriculum
2005 | Massage Therapy Diploma
Hesser College, Manchester, NH
- Top of class with 3.98 GPA
2016 | Bachelors of Science in Health and Wellness
Kaplan University, Chicago, IL
- 3.98 GPA
- Dean’s List 2013-2016
2000 | 2006 General Manager
Earthward Natural Foods | Amherst, NH 03031
Created schedules for employees; buyer for grocery, health and beauty products; met with company representatives; organized specials and celebration events; marketing; managed a thriving co-op; gained knowledge on health and wellness products; customer education and sales.
2009 | 2013 Massage Instructor
Hesser College | Manchester, NH
In post-secondary certificate program, taught introductory classes in massage therapy and maintained the massage clinic.
2015 | 2017 Massage Instructor
Laird Institute | Manchester, NH
Adult education for massage including classes in anatomy & physiology, self-care for the massage therapist, and hands-on modalities, helped to develop and implement curriculum.
2006 | Present Massage Therapist
Deborah Pickett Massage Therapy | Amherst, NH 03031
Sole proprietor, marketing events, social media, public outreach, client education, and basic business accounting.
- Creating a website for educational and business purposes
- Educating the public about health and wellness topics through public speaking
- Tailoring information to adapt for diverse educational needs
- Maintaining proper clinical notes
- Writing well developed, informative articles on health and wellness topics
- Managing and delegating responsibilities for projects